[openstack-dev] cinder metrics with nova-scheduler

Abbass MAROUNI abbass.marouni at virtualscale.fr
Thu Nov 7 14:51:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

We want to be able to launch a VM with a number of cinder volumes on the
same host (the host is a compute and a storage node).
We're looking for a way to tell nova-scheduler to work with
cinder-scheduler so that we can filter and weight hosts according to our
needs.

According to the documentation on nova-scheduler filters :

DiskFilter : Only schedule instances on hosts if there are sufficient Disk
available for ephemeral storage.

Is there any implementation of a filter to check the persistence storage on
a host ?
Do you think that this feature is doable ?

Best Regards,