[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Blueprint -- Floating IP Auto Association

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Nov 5 06:21:12 UTC 2013

I don't think there has been any development in the past 6 months.
A few people have shown interest in it in the past, but the blueprint has
currently no assignee.
So If you want to work on it, feel free to assign to yourself.

To quickly sum up the discussion around this blueprint, it could be
implemented in two ways:
- providing automation in the neutron API (creating the floating IP
together with the port)
- automating the operation on the orchestration side (nova-api in this
case).

There are pro and cons in both solutions. In my humble opinion, the only
thing I would care of is that the existing operation in the Neutron API
stay "atomic" as they are.

Regards,
Salvatore