[openstack-dev] [oslo][heat]node.js RPC library

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 00:18:57 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 05:04 PM, Subrahmanyam Ongole wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a node.js application which needs to communicate with openstack
> modules. Is there a reference implementation of RPC cast() and call()
> over amqp? I looked at rpc-amqp module which doesn't seem to support
> cast().
>
> Thanks for your help.

Subra,

The RPC API is meant to be internal.

Why not use the REST APIs?  Plenty of infrastructure exists to work with
rest apis in varoius languages/framewroks.  For example, heat doesn't
circumvent the REST APIs of OpenStack services and communicate with nova
directly, but uses the nova rest API.  Why would an application that is
not integrated into OpenStack behave this way when those that are
Integrated use rest APIs direclty?

Regards
-steve