[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Shared network between specific tenants, but not all tenants?

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Sun Nov 3 13:20:01 UTC 2013

This blueprint is related (the concept stands for any network, not just
externals):
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/sharing-model-for-external-networks

You can read the blueprint and spec pages for some context.
Bottom line is that it would be great to have some feedback on whether you
reckon this:
i) a RBAC problem, which should be enhanced in order to "delegate" access
to network resources thus enabling a tenant to select with which tenants a
network should be shared
ii) a network topology problem, meaning that we don't really care about
whether there's a single shared network segment or not, as long as there is
a possibility to provide a CIDR which is routable by different tenants.

Regards,
Salvatore