[openstack-dev] Migrating to newer full projects from what used to be part of nova

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:38:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, FWIW, I don't see another one of these situations coming anytime
> soon.  All of the new project activity is around new services/features.

Actually, anyone deploying nova with the "baremetal" driver will face a
similar split when Ironic is included in the release. I'm targeting
Icehouse, but of course, it's up to the TC when Ironic graduates.

This should have a smaller impact than either the neutron or cinder splits,
both of which were in widespread use, but I expect we'll see more usage of
nova-baremetal crop up now that Havana is released.

-Devananda