[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Give CLI the priority over config files

Alex Meade alex.meade at rackspace.com
Wed May 8 14:11:43 UTC 2013

+1 to the "permanence order" change

I think it's important we keep something like this as simple as possible. So I'm against taking CLI argument order into account or having a flag that changes how it works. The more rules we put into this behavior the more confusing it will be for deployers and users. As for backward compat, I do believe it to be a version thing because some sort of middle ground doesn't make sense here.

-Alex