[openstack-dev] Applying oslo.wsgi back to each project

Zhongyue Luo zhongyue.nah at intel.com
Thu Mar 28 08:15:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I noticed that one of the modules being totally ignored in oslo is wsgi.py
which should actually be used in most of the OpenStack projects.
(Based on zero results from a "find . -name "openstack-common.conf" -exec
grep -l wsgi {} \;")

Before it's too late, we should apply what is currently available and avoid
further divergence of code.

I started off with a small patch here and it looks like most of the code is
intact in case of Quantum after it was c&p'ed from somewhere else.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/25595/

However, the serialize/deserialize part has totally gone its own way and it
could be quite a burden to align the two.

At first thought it would be best to first analyse at the current status of
the wsgi module in each project and update oslo.wsgi with the common set of
features.

But from past experience I doubt that it's possible to come up with
something everyone is satisfied with and even it we could I assume my
daughter will be entering school by then.

Therefore I chose to use whatever there is now in oslo and the patch above
is my first attempt.

Hope to hear from you about any suggestions on how this should be executed.

Thanks!

--
*Intel SSG/SSD/STO/DCST/CIT*
880 Zixing Road, Zizhu Science Park, Minhang District, 200241, Shanghai,