[openstack-dev] Extended Availabiliy Zone data validity

Laura Alves laura.adq at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 00:09:58 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I'm documenting this Compute API extension:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/21471/, which returns the availability
zone the instance is currently in. This also caches the results for an hour.

I know availability zones do not really change that often, but we at docs
wonder which date stamps to look for to see if the availability zone
information is accurate.

I assume the "updated" field refers to the very last modification applied
on that instance, but since the av is cached, it may not be reflected
immediately, is that correct?  I just wanna make sure it's worth it to add
a hint about it in the doc reference.

Thanks!
ladquin