[openstack-dev] Spawning VM's on different compute nodes

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 18:24:25 UTC 2013

On 03/25/2013 02:01 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> On 03/25/2013 01:41 PM, Daisy F wrote:
>> Hi,
>>      I am using FOLSOM.I made the following changes to the nova.conf file:
>>
>>  scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler
>>  node_availability_zone="nova"
>>

>> I have two compute nodes (vmserv1 and ubuntu) and am spawning using:
>>
>>    nova --os-tenant tenant2  boot --image
>> 3b8be476-1d94-41c3-accb-1b0bf4787f9f  --flavor 1  --availabilityzone
>> nova:vmserv1 vm1
>
> It is --availability-zone, not --availabilityzone

One other note on this syntax in Folsom ... specifying the specific host
within an availability zone is only allowed for an admin.  The host part
will be ignored for a regular user.

In Grizzly this is controlled by setting policy for 'create:forced_host'.

In the future, this sort of question is probably better for the
openstack@ mailing list.

Russell Bryant