[openstack-dev] Spawning VM's on different compute nodes

Daisy F f.daisy25 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 17:41:10 UTC 2013

Hi,
     I am using FOLSOM.I made the following changes to the nova.conf file:

 scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler
 node_availability_zone="nova"

I have two compute nodes (vmserv1 and ubuntu) and am spawning using:

   nova --os-tenant tenant2  boot --image
3b8be476-1d94-41c3-accb-1b0bf4787f9f  --flavor 1  --availabilityzone
nova:vmserv1 vm1

But it does not spawn it on the right server.Instead it does load sharing
by alternating between servers.

Is this a bug in FOLSOM or am I wrong.Could some one please explain the
detailed steps to spawn vm's on different compute nodes for FOLSOM.

Thanks,
Daisy