[openstack-dev] dhcp-agent and create_port question.

Chandan Dutta Chowdhury chandanc at juniper.net
Mon Mar 25 07:18:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

Is there a way to determine the host on which a quantum-dhcp-agent is
running which called create_port in a plugin?

Currently the port details provide the device_type and device_owner.
The device_owner for a dhcp port is of the form dhcp<uuidX>-<network_id>.

In the above uuidX is generated by the agent and it not the agents id and there is not mapping uuidX to agent's id.
(will it be good to have uuidX same as the agents id ? am I missing something ?).

I could not find a way to determine the agent id from the create_port call (specifically if multiple dhcp agent are serving a L2 network).

Please let me know if I am missing something here.

Thanks
Chandan