[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] /var/lib/nova/instances fs filled up corrupting my Linux instances

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sun Mar 17 02:38:14 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Blair Bethwaite
> <blair.bethwaite at gmail.com> wrote:

I think my overall learning from this thread is that there's no point
> disabling features for a few releases so that operators can test in a
> staged manner -- the reality is that testing doesn't occur.

Here's a broader question: what are the other implicit assumptions that
devs are making about how ops...er...operate? How can the OpenStack project
take the experiences of operators and feed that back to the developers so
they know what people are really doing in practice?

For example: do the devs know the circumstances for which operators have to
poke directly at the database to perform tasks because they can't do what
they want with the existing tools?

 Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein