[openstack-dev] [quantum] BP ovs partial mesh

Tomasz Paszkowski ss7pro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 22:50:53 UTC 2013

I'am thinking about completely removing broadcast traffic from gre
networks and ignore l2 addressing. It could be achieved by introducing
openflow controller, which can make all the forwarding decisions
(direct traffic to appropriate tunnels and interfaces on compute
hosts). For IP/DHCP/ARP traffic this is very easy as we already know
ip addresses of all vms , dhcp-agents, l3-agents. Questions is which
openflow controller implementation to take and if we would like to
build a central controller or a distributed one.

What do you think about this ?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Rohon Mathieu <mathieu.rohon at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I just wanted to share about a BP to limit broadcasting in every
> tunnel while using OVS and GRE. This could also be used for VXLan
> tunneling.
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/ovs-tunnel-partial-mesh
>
> the specification show a call flow for the port creation.
>
> Does anyone see something wrong in my architecture?

Tomasz Paszkowski
SS7, Asterisk, SAN, Datacenter, Cloud Computing
+48500166299