[openstack-dev] [OSSG] [keystone] Trusts: delegation and impersonation

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Fri Mar 15 20:55:07 UTC 2013

I agree with dome of David's points (particularly point two about the inscrutability of the actor during impersonation), but more importantly I would like to ask that this discussion stay friendly and constructive.

This feature was discussed at tremendous length here on this mailing list and the specification underwent numerous public revisions. Short of explicitly requiring that the OpenStack Security Group sign off on features/specifications I'm not sure more could/should have been done. There's no reason these issues couldn't have been raised during the design phase, so being pejorative about it now is unnecessary.

Dolph was simply trying to make a final effort to raise awareness for those who hadn't noticed or had chosen not to pay attention to the earlier phases, and I'm glad he did since there are likely still issues that should be revisited in the H cycle.

All the best,

    - Gabriel