[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] - LBaaS Extension in Quantum Plugin

Eugene Nikanorov enikanorov at mirantis.com
Thu Mar 14 14:51:29 UTC 2013

I'm afraid there's no detailed description for grizzly lbaas architecture
right now.
*> So, is this similar to current L3_Agent daemon we have in Quantum for
Folsom release?*
Correct.

*>As well the confusion is like the general Plug-in  and Agent architecture
[similar to OVS], we have in OS is like Plug-in will be in Controller and
Agent has to be on the Compute Node.*
Right, lbaas plugin runs within quantum-server, lbaas agent may run on
network controller or on some compute node (remember that it must run on
one host only)

*>So, when we are trying for Service Insertion, do we need to have same
architecture as Plug-in and Agent above or it should be generic in such a
way that independent of underlying Hardware/Products, We should be able to
bring up services*
I'm not sure I understood your question.
Currently quantum's lbaas plugin supports the only type of loadbalancer and
it's not customizible via drivers at this point.

Thanks,
Eugene.