[openstack-dev] [heat] housecleaning heat-api github organization

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 01:12:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

Since Heat is headed for Integrated status in Havana, we decided to do a
bit a housecleaning on the heat-api organization in github. Our basic
goal is to preserve the information in people's personal repos (or where
appropriate the OpenStack org repo) rather then a separate organization
entirely.

Here are the changes:

* the heat-api organization in github was removed entirely.

* heat-jeos was transferred to sdake/heat-jeos

While the heat developers don't have a strong urge to maintain an image
building tool for Heat, it is a necessity as this point for some folks
using Heat.  As a result, I'll be submitting changes to the infra to
pull this into the openstack repositories so people can find it without
hunting down my personal repo.

* heat-cfntools was transferred to openstack/cfn-tools

These contain the in-instance bootstrapping tools used by CloudInit.
These have been merged into the main openstack repo.

* heat-horizon was transferred to sbaker/heat-horizon

Heat Horizon is great tech and we really want to see good Heat
integration with Horizon.  Dan Radez doesn't have the time to work on
heat-horizon and Steve Baker has offered in IRC in #heat today to take
up the effort of merging this work into Horizon during the Havana cycle.

* heat-diagrams was transferred to sdake/heat-diagrams

This repo contains diagrams for presentations that the heat community
does.  Feel free to reuse ;)

* heat-integration-tests was  transferred to sdake/heat-integration-tests

This repo is mostly as an archive.  This repo sets up jenkins and
friends for heat to run functional tests.  What we would prefer is for
the functional tests to be running as a gate with Tempest.  The heat
developers would like to see the integration test migration to Tempest
occur during the Havana release.

Regards
-steve