[openstack-dev] oslo.packaging progress - and comments?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Mar 11 01:58:53 UTC 2013

Hey guys!

I've been trying to figure out how to get openstack.common.setup out of
openstack.common and in to a consumable library. It's a non-trivial
problem, because of the bootstrapping in setup.py.

Anyway - thanks to the d2to1 project, I've got it working. (yay!)

Here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/24033/

is a work-in-progress patch showing what it's shaping up to look like
for a project to consume this.

The repo itself is up on github:

https://github.com/emonty/oslo-packaging

It still needs testing in tree, and it needs to be run through its paces
and everything - but I wanted to get some stuff in front of people's
eye-holes.

oslo.packaging above includes everything that's currently in
openstack/common/setup, plus the speed-boost I just proposed.

Monty