[openstack-dev] [heat] Proposal to add Clint Byrum to heat-core

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 16:23:14 UTC 2013

On 03/08/2013 08:52 AM, Zane Bitter wrote:
> On 06/03/13 22:20, Steven Dake wrote:
>> I would like to propose adding Clint Byrum (clint-fewbar) to heat-core.
>>
>> Please respond with (+1/0/-1).
>
> +1, Clint has been making some really useful contributions of late.
>
> Let's not treat core proposals as a once-every-6-months thing though.
> Heat is a small project and we can and should propose people to core
> at any point in the release cycle where we feel they are us to speed.

Zane,

Perhaps there was some misunderstanding in our weekly IRC meeting. I had
suggested the following:

1) During the PTL election cycle, new devs are nominated by core
developers.  This serves as a point in time over which we reflect on the
contributions of devs over the last 6 months that may have not already
been proposed during a development cycle.

2) During a development cycle, new devs can be nominated if they are
strongly contributing to the project.

Since Clint wasn't proposed under #2 above, #1 seemed appropriate.

Regards
-steve