[openstack-dev] PTL candidate questionnaire?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Mar 6 10:26:14 UTC 2013

Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Being around openstack for a while now I was thinking about how I can make my candidate decisions using the best info.
>
> Would anyone else think its valuable to create a questionnaire we can have PTL candidates fill in (and subsequently publish said candidates answers), with common or shared questions from the rest of the community.
>
> For example:
>
> 1. How would u during your term improve the unit tests (or stability or other xyz feature) in the component that you are running for?
> 2. What are your thoughts on xyz?
>
> It would be valuable in my decision process, anyone else think its useful?

It's difficult to come up with a set of questions that make sense for
all projects, which is why the candidates self-nominations are free-form.

That said, feel free to start project-specific threads where there is
more than one candidate, with the questions you'd like to see answered
by the candidates. This mailing-list is the right forum to have those.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack