[openstack-dev] Keystone PTL Candidacy

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 16:23:38 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 11:06 AM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
> After contributing to keystone regularly since mid-diablo, I think
> it's time to offer myself as a candidate for PTL.
>
> I've consistently been the most active contributor to keystone for the
> past 4 releases [1], and regularly appear as one of the top
> contributors to OpenStack overall [2][3]. I imagine I'm one of the
> most frequent code reviewers to boot. Allow me to explain my motivation...
>
> As the architectural foundation of OpenStack, keystone tends to be the
> first project that users work with, and we either win them or lose
> them in the process... often before they get a chance to play with the
> power of OpenStack. As a result, my focus is generally on user
> experience at all levels -- intuitive API's, solid docs, readable
> code, helpful error messages on failure, well tested code paths, etc.
> I believe that getting these things right is what makes or breaks a
> project in terms of community contributions and forward momentum. We
> have to keep winning over new users.
>
> With a long list of supporters & contributors, I spent the majority of
> Folsom and Grizzly development refreshing the Identity API [4] and
> it's client and server side implementations. As a result, we've been
> able to introduce an impressive number of awesome API-level features
> including domains, user groups, user-to-user delegation, user
> impersonation, and multifactor authentication (a big thank you to
> everyone!).
>
> With so many varied use cases, there's always room for improvement in
> keystone and I'm always looking forward to making that happen. Thanks
> for your support!
>
> [1]: https://github.com/openstack/keystone/contributors
> [2]: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg17006.html
> [3]: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg09650.html
> [4]:
> https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/blob/master/openstack-identity-api/src/markdown/identity-api-v3.md
>
> -Dolph

I'd like to endorse Dolph's candidacy.

In the past few months, Dolph has been the De Facto leader of the
development process.  The degree of maturity and thoroughness he's
brought to the process has been phenomenal.  To be honest, the reason I
am not running is because I feel quite strongly that Dolph should be the
PTL.