[openstack-dev] ! (running for Quantum PTL)

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Mar 4 18:37:31 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

The Quantum team has done a great job during the Grizzly cycle, not just in
adding networking capabilities and new plugins, but in growing the team,
improving code + review quality, and integrating with OpenStack CI
infrastructure.  I've very confident that we have built a great foundation
that will continue to provide awesome networking capabilities within
OpenStack for many releases to come.

With that in mind, I wanted to let people know that I do not plan on
running as PTL in the Havana cycle.  I fundamentally feel that a PTL must
be a developer first and foremost, but lately more and more of my cycles
have been going toward working with customers deploying Quantum, to the
point that I don't feel I have as much time as a PTL should to dedicate to
coding + reviews.

I will still be deeply involved in the project as a core dev and as someone
providing input based on customer use cases I see in the real world, but I
figured it was about time to let one of our other illustrious team members
bask in the flood of emails, launchpad notifications, irc design
discussions, and code reviews that define the life of a PTL :)

I'd like to thank everyone on the team for all of their contributions
getting Quantum to where it is today and to others on the OpenStack project
that have helped us get things off the ground.  Thanks!

Dan

p.s. any notion that this change is about me spending more time with my
family is just a rumor being spread by my wife :)

--
Dan Wendlandt