[openstack-dev] [Nova] Bug #741626 - FLAGS.fixed_range is silly

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 4 14:01:03 UTC 2013

Nathanael Burton wrote:
> Since fixed_range is simply a StrOpt I can just use it and forgo a new
> opt.  If it's set to 'dynamic' do the new logic otherwise it's a CIDR
> and do the old backwards compatible logic. Aside from the conf option
> any other issues with working on this and submitting a patch?

It definitely would be a new feature (as in: expanding the scope of what
we support), so it requires an exception. That said it's a rather minor
feature that could almost be seen as a bug.

If the PTL wants it, if the documenters are fine with it, and if the
implementation makes sure not to change the existing code path, I guess
I could live with it.

Land it early, though. Back from one week vacation I'm rather joyful,
but let a few days pass and I'll become grumpy again :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack