[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Documenting the V2 API

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 04:04:29 UTC 2013

On Friday, March 1, 2013, Adam Young wrote:

> We currently list the V2 API as Beta.  Its time to change that.
>
> What do we need to do in order to make this legit?   Biggest thing I know
> of is to document the token API.

Our 300 Multiple Choice response indicates it's beta. It should have been
stable for both Essex and Folsom. In light of v3, it should be considered
deprecated instead.

> I have a task to document the additional calls for the PKI tokens. Those
> are:
>
> GET /certificates/signing
> and
> GET /certificates/ca
>
> But I am not quite certain where to put the docs.
>
> The docs in keystone/docs/source Seem to be lacking.  There is the curl
> example page:
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/**developer/keystone/api_curl_**
> examples.html#id3<http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/api_curl_examples.html#id3>

Curl examples were originally written before there was a client. I think
they can be killed soon.

> I don't think what that returns is accurate.  We have a slew of Metatdata
> things in the token now-a-days.
>

> There is also the Identity API docs
>
> https://github.com/openstack/**identity-api/tree/master/**
> openstack-identity-api/src/**docbkx<https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/tree/master/openstack-identity-api/src/docbkx>
>
> I have not yet identified what the state of the WADL is:
>
> https://github.com/openstack/**identity-api/blob/master/**
> openstack-identity-api/src/**docbkx/admin/identity-admin.**wadl<https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/blob/master/openstack-identity-api/src/docbkx/admin/identity-admin.wadl>

The official documentation for v2 is this WADL and the referenced XSD's.
there's a separate WADL for the public API.

> What do we need to do documentation wise before Grizzly Goes GA?
>
> Also,  what will happen with the Markdown for the V3 API?  I've run an
> HTML transform on it, and it looks very simplistic. I assume there is a
> style sheet, but where is it?

Anne asked us to write markdown because she had a plan for rendering it to
either docs.openstack.org or api.openstack.org -- I assume the style sheets
would live in one of those projects, not ours.

-Dolph