[openstack-dev] [Nova] Grizzly bug squash Fridays

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 15:05:49 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Now that we're in the Grizzly release feature freeze, the project focus
is on bug fixing.  For nova, we have a lot to work with.  At the time of
writing, we have 602 open bugs.

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova

To help encourage participation in the bug fixing effort, I'd like to
propose "bug squash Fridays".

Some people are able to spend most or all of their week on bugs, and
that's _awesome_.  Many others have other responsibilities outside of
contributing to upstream nova development.  For those people, I would
like to encourage you to try to carve out a chunk of your week to help
with bugs (fixing, reviewing fixes, triaging, cleaning up old bugs that
are duplicates or already fixed).  If people all try to do that on
Fridays, we should have a solid group around and active at the same time
to bounce ideas off of and make good progress.

To participate, just join #openstack-nova on freenode.

Thanks!

--
Russell Bryant