[openstack-dev] [nova] Nova API extensions NOT to be ported to v3

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 08:26:38 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Anne Gentle
<annegentle at justwriteclick.com>wrote:

> What does "no plans to port" mean for people already using Floating IPs
> and Cloudpipe via API extensions? Sounds like it could mean a couple of
> things -
> - these are becoming core and won't be an extension any more
> - these won't be available in v3
> - something else

It means that they won't be available in v3. With the exception of
baremetal nodes the same functionality will be available through either
quantum or cinder directly.  Though there is a small exception if someone
wants to continue to use nova-network (which is in the process of being
removed) rather than Quantum then people will need to use the v2 API.

> Also should you cast a wider net asking for feedback on this removal (if
> it is a removal)? I know openstack-dev is about the future but there may be
> more ways to get input.

Do you think a post to the openstack users list would be sufficent for
getting further input?

Regards,

Chris