[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Jun 27 15:04:46 UTC 2013

I'd really like to see Translation be the first program we bring in after
bringing in the first batch. Translation and localization meets the
criteria for a program. Their inclusion in a second round will help us
learn how to bring in a valuable program, identify the right owners, and
promote the advocacy roles in programs.

Let's do it! (On Thierry's timetable so that we get valuable practice
talking about onboarding programs.)

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>wrote:

> Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> > On 06/27/2013 10:10 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> >> Mind you, I'm not closing the door or anything: translations can
> >> certainly apply to become a program (once/when we establish them). The
> >> goal of the "initial batch" is to catch up with the current state of
> >> "official projects", not to come up with a definitive or closed list.
> >
> > Translations is already official project, and one that needs a strong
> > push too. I think it should be considered for inclusion in the first
> > batch of programs and integrated.
>
> No it's not, as far as the Technical Committee charter is concerned:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/TechnicalCommittee
>
> That's why I think it should be discussed and considered as a second
> (baby) step, so that we don't overload the initial proposal.
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com