[openstack-dev] [Nova]Discussion about resize and migrate status separation

guohliu guohliu at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 27 08:14:06 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I apologize if this question was already covered and I missed it, as we
know the migrate and resize share the same code path as well as instance
status, notification message etc in current code base, somehow it might
confuse the user when he/she perform migrate but get VERIFY_RESIZE
status, and as far as I know this wasn't to be targeted in migrate
refactor work, I just wondering to know do you think this is a issue?
how about to separate migrate and resize with different instance status
and notification message as well as task status? any comments would be
appreciated.

Best Regards
Guohliu