[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jun 26 12:20:47 UTC 2013

Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 06/24/2013 11:50 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> To match with the current state we would end up with:
>> * Projects (Nova, Neutron, Swift, Glance, Keystone, Horizon, Cinder,
>> Ceilometer, Heat)
>> * Incubated projects (Trove, Ironic)
>> * Programs (Oslo, Infrastructure, Documentation, QA)
>
> I think we should add Translations to the list of Programs: it is
> cross-functional to all the Projects, Incubated and Documentation (less
> relevant in QA and Infrastructure) but it has special needs, enough to
> deserve a small slot at the Design Summit, IMHO.
>
> Daisy: what do you think?

Translations is another "horizontal effort", something that applies to
all projects, like release management or vulnerability handling, but
where contributions actually end up being applied as patches to other
projects, rather than having their own repos. Another example of that
would be the "Python 3" effort.

We have yet to decide if those should be considered programs, or if they
should be recognized in some other way that is not a "program". That
shouldn't block the setup of the first programs though.

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)