[openstack-dev] Email is not registered problem

Wenhao Xu wenhao at zelin.io
Wed Jun 26 09:31:26 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I am reworking on on one of my old patch today. After that, when I tried to
do "git review", I got the following error message:

$ git review
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (9/9)
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
remote:
remote: ERROR:  In commit 5df605ec09e596297bd5bcece139cdcc9c8d0c4b
remote: ERROR:  committer email address wenhao at zelin.io
remote: ERROR:  does not match your user account.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  The following addresses are currently registered:
remote: ERROR:    xuwenhao2008 at gmail.com
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR:  To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR:  https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/contact
remote:
remote:
To ssh://wenhao-x@review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/cinder.git
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master/bug/1148784 (invalid committer)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
wenhao-x at review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/cinder.git'

I have updated my primary email address to wenhao at zelin.io in launchpad,
Gerrit and openstack foundation profile as well. I am wondering is there
anything I missed?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Best,
Wenhao