[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Jun 25 22:04:17 UTC 2013

On 26 June 2013 02:34, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> In the case of TripleO, does it produce anything to be included in the
> release? I think it should, but it's not the entirety of its mission
> statement either. That, for me, is the really interesting thing to
> discuss about TripleO - what does it intend to produce for inclusion in
> the integrated release?

So at the mission statement level we're focused on trunk today; if
there are folk who would embrace stable branch delivery of TripleO I
think we could certainly expand to have 'releases'.

But, at the detailed level, we have a number of components -
diskimage-builder, os-refresh-config, os-config-collector,
os-apply-config, which are plumbing and should totally be consumed via
releases.

So the answer, I think is - from a 'released things' perspective we
will contribute diskimage-builder releases, suitable for building
images for any version of OpenStack, and a number of in-instance
utilities that are designed to work well with Heat [and we're having a
gentle long running conversation about whether Heat should own some of
these].

And if there is significant interest in TripleO for not-trunk
OpenStack, then we'll figure out how to integrate that into the
TripleO process.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>