[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 25 09:51:18 UTC 2013

Robert Collins wrote:
> So, doing [the 6 monthly] releases and stable branches seem like the
> same thing to me : it's packaging up the project output for
> consumption by redistributors (and low-resource risk-averse orgs).
> That totally makes sense to me as a program - but I think calling it
> 'production' would be a bit confusing, as TripleO is focused on
> production, whereas releases and stable branches are focused on
> distribution, IMNSHO :)

Aah... Naming, my favorite pastime :) "Distribution" makes sense,
although it's a bit overloaded too. "Integration" is overloaded too.
"Delivery", maybe. "Release and stable branch management" is what we've
been calling it so far, but it's a mouthful.

We could potentially lump vulnerability management in the same program,
since after all it's about handling and distributing security fixes,
with a strong focus on stable branches. But since that's a different
group that could warrant a separate program.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)