[openstack-dev] Termination of the title line of commit messages

Melanie Witt melwitt at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Jun 24 22:40:43 UTC 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 2:50 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Unlike other nitpicking I tend to do with commit messages, I previously
> never thought this was worth even mentioning to committers but if some
> reviewers were going to start -1ing people for the *correct* style then
> I figured it was best to clear it up.

I too have never thought it worth mentioning, similar to capitalizing the first word of the first line of the commit message or not. I thought any way works, as long as the first line is brief so it shows up nicely browsing on github.

Personally, I treat the first line like you mention the subject line of an email, which I never capitalize or use a period at the end.

Melanie