[openstack-dev] Removing OS_AUTH_SYSTEM

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Fri Jun 21 10:53:45 UTC 2013

Hello,

We have discussed this some time ago to remove the OS_AUTH_SYSTEM from
novaclient since this was implemented for RAX and these days RAX has
moved to pyrax.

Since last time I have looked into this it seems that there was some
updates to it :

https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient/blob/master/novaclient/auth_plugin.py

This made me wondering if it was needed by other people and why?

This is some preliminary works to move novaclient to use
keystoneclient instead of implementing its own[1] client to keystone.
If the OS_AUTH_SYSTEM feature was really needed[2] we should then
moving it to keystoneclient.

Thoughts?

Chmouel.

[1] weirdo with bunch of obsoletes stuff I may need to add.
[2] and IMO this goes against a one true open cloud.