[openstack-dev] Basic configuration with VMs with a local private network

Julio Carlos Barrera Juez juliocarlos.barrera at i2cat.net
Fri Jun 21 08:53:19 UTC 2013

Hi.

We are trying to get a basic scenario with two VMs with private IP
addresses configured in a Compute node controlled by a Controller node. We
want to achieve a basic private network with some VMs. We tried using Open
vSwitch Quantum plugin to configure the network, but we have not achieved
our objective by now.

Is there any guide or or basic scenario like this  tutorial? We have found
a bad documentation about basic networking in OpenStack using existing
Quantum plugins, and the Open vSwitch documentation about it is too old (~2
years).

Thank you in advance.