[openstack-dev] [Heat] re: discussion about passing metadata into provider stacks as parameters

cbjchen at linux.vnet.ibm.com cbjchen at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 21 02:19:05 UTC 2013

So anyway, let's get back to the topic this thread was discussing
about - "passing meta data into provider stacks".

It seems that we have all reached an agreement that deletepolicy and
updatepolicy will be passed as params, and metadata will be exposed to
provider templates through a function

In terms of implemetation,

MetaData:

- add a resolve method to template.py to handle
{'Fn::ProvidedResource': 'Metadata'}

DeletePolicy/UpdatePolicy:

- add stack_resource.StackResource.compose_policy_params() -> Json
encoded delete and update policies

- have create_with_template update params with delete/update policies
composed by compose_policy_params
(json-parameters implementation is already in review, hope it will be
available soon)

I will start the implementation if there is no objection.

Liang