[openstack-dev] security groups extension for Nova v3 API

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 00:36:54 UTC 2013

Hi Melanie,

Looking at the security groups extensions I think that it will after all be
necessary to port part of the extension from V2.

The management of security groups can be handled through the
project-formerly-known-as-quantum, but the (dis)association of security
groups to instances does I think need to be handled by Nova. So we'll need
the SecurityGroupActionController and SecurityGroupsOutputController

So if you're willing to clean up the v3 port you've done and get it merged,
that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Chris