[openstack-dev] XML Support for Nova v3 API

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Thu Jun 20 17:22:59 UTC 2013

How about a mapping of JSON concepts to XML like:

collections:

values:
<string>text</string>
<true/>
<false/>
<null/>
<number>number</number>

This type of mapping would remove any ambiguities. Ambiguities and
complexity are problems I've seen with the XML-JSON mapping in Keystone.
Plus the fact that it's so not-XML would convince users to switch to JSON.
With a simple mapping, I don't think it would be necessary to test all the
interfaces for both XML and JSON, just test the mapping code.