[openstack-dev] [PTLs] Proposed simplification around blueprint tracking

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 20 12:20:57 UTC 2013

Mark Washenberger wrote:
> This sounds like a fantastic improvement. I'd really like to have a
> "next" milestone as well as an "Ongoing" milestone, for tracking the
> kinds of long, drawn out refactorings / code improvements that cannot
> fit in a single milestone but still need to be communicated to
> developers (though not necessarily to the project update coordinators).

We could setup across the board a "future" series with a "next"
milestone and an "ongoing" milestone. That way we could still give
proper priority to stuff we want in the "next" cycle, and somewhere to
place ongoing efforts that are basically never quite finished.

When a new cycle starts we'd review the "next" milestone and move most
of it to the milestones of the newly-created cycle.

Would that work for you ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)