[openstack-dev] The future of run_tests.sh

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 18 17:03:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-18 08:58:21 -0700 (-0700), Clint Byrum wrote:
> Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2013-06-18 01:59:57 -0700:
[...]
> > "tox -epy27".
>
> Just to clarify, you're better off running 'tox'.
[...]

Though it's worth noting that tox will reuse existing virtual
environments to save time. This can lead to false results if
requirements change between test runs.

To get around that in the CI infrastructure we use a thorough
invocation of git clean (which has as a side effect clearing any
existing tox environments), but this is of course dangerous if you
have other uncommitted files lying around in your repo you want to
keep. Instead the -r option to tox will clear and recreate any
virtualenv it tries to use.
--
Jeremy Stanley