[openstack-dev] [networking][ml2] ML2 Mechanism Driver API proposal

Luke Gorrie luke at tail-f.com
Tue Jun 18 07:41:58 UTC 2013

12 jun 2013 kl. 09:25 skrev Andre Pech:

> As promised at the ml2 kickoff meeting last week, attached is our basic proposal for the ml2 mechanism driver API.

Great, that is fast work!

> After getting more familiar with the ml2 plugin code and looking at some of the other blueprints that are looking to make use of the MechanismDriver, we've instead gone with a more simple passthrough model using the existing plugin language of create_network / update_network / delete_network / create_port / update_port / delete_port.

Is it intentional to exclude create_subnet / update_subnet / delete_subnet, which are also a part of the QuantumPluginBaseV2 API?

We have currently included Subnets in the data model that we want to synchronize via our mechanism driver. So I would like to either include these subnet-related callbacks in the MechanisnDriver API, or find a good reason to eliminate Subnets from our data model so that they don't need to be synchronized.

Kyle, do you guys have the same issue with the OpenDaylight plugin?

Thanks very much Andre & Arista gang for hacking this up so quickly. I am excited to get started on our mechanism driver.

Cheers,
-Luke