[openstack-dev] tags to deleted branches

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Tue Jun 18 04:09:05 UTC 2013

I notice on some projects like nova and quantum (I presume with milestone proposed commits)
that the 2013.2.b1 tag was created on the now removed milestone-proposed branch.
Therefore `git describe` and `git log --decorate` etc. on master, ignore the latest tag.
I was wondering if it would be better to tag on master itself?
Also could these tags be retroactively be adjusted to point to corresponding master commits?

thanks,
Pádraig.