[openstack-dev] [metrics] Code contribution by 3rd party consultant on behalf of a corporation

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Jun 17 20:38:39 UTC 2013

It depends on a little bit on where you want the stats to show up.

In gitdm, there is already a place you can put a date range on a person
to attach them to a company. I'd start with just putting an entry into
the gitdm files showing that, for instance, Contractor A worked for
Company B for the Month of May.

If you think it's conceivable that a single contractor might be working
in parallel for more than one company at the same time and that we might
want to track that patch C was done for Company B but patch D was done
for Company E, we might need to look in to something more complex - but
honestly, that seems like a kindof unlikley situation, no?