[openstack-dev] [vmware] VMwareAPI sub-team status update

Shawn Hartsock hartsocks at vmware.com
Mon Jun 17 17:31:25 UTC 2013

Greetings stackers!

Wherever you are I hope you've had/are having a lovely Monday. I'd like to see discussion this week on the Blueprint "Enhance vmware Hyper vm disk usage" if possible. See: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/improve-vmware-disk-usage who, when, and where shall we discuss this. #openstack-vmware is always open.

open reviews: 10
closed reviews: 5

== Accepted! (Congrats) ===
Thanks to the core reviewers for accepting these:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29552/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30036/ <- looks like this and 31593 were in conflict and this patch lost the race (I'm working on it)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/31593/

== More work needed ===
These looked like they were ready to go but are currently blocked:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/31593/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29453/

Reviews needing *vmware* expert attention:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29396/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30628/ <- in particular, we need a traversal spec for this
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30282/ <- I think this will also benefit from some API pointers

... these have *not* been looked at by enough non-core reviewers with VMware
API expertise. We need folks listed on this email's "CC" block to come and
spend some time on these. If you are doing VMware related work and need
reviews, reach out to me, and I'll try to coordinate some help for you.

Is your review not listed?
 * add me as a reviewer http://i.imgur.com/XLINkt3.png

Is your review not listed *ready* for core?
 * get more +1 from the VMware API maintainers and trusted VMware API experts
in the OpenStack community!

== Blueprints ==
see: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack?searchtext=vmware
Of the 10 proposed blueprints, only 3 have commitments. Only 1 has "good
progress" ... these 3 BP are all tagged for completion by July 18th.

At our current rate of progress, I am concerned about our rate of progress with reviews and that's why I'm organizing this email. Let's try and stay on top of these and find more people who can contribute VMware API expertise into the OpenStack code-base!

Okay. Happy programming! I'll post again on Friday with a recap on the week. Remember to attend the VMwareAPI sub-team meeting this week where we discuss blueprints & blocker-bugs. If you can't attend, that's okay as long as you have someone write on the blueprint. For example: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/v3-api-extension-framework is a good example of a documented, discussed, and acted upon blueprint. Let's try and emulate that.

Next Meeting:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/VMwareAPI
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130619T1700
held in #openstack-meeting

# Shawn Hartsock, VMware's Nova Compute driver maintainer