[openstack-dev] [keystone] Inherited domain roles: Options for Havana and beyond

Henry Nash henryn at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 17 12:52:00 UTC 2013

Hi

I have amended the etherpad to summarize the two proposed paths:

a) Full "role-assignment as a first class entity" for Havana
b) Stepping stone approach, for Havana and "I"

So you can see what is involved in b), I have amended the two in-flight bp identity proposals to match what this would look like:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29781/14
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32394/7

[Ok, technically I should have done this is 3 bp, one for changing the current apis, one for the new GET /role-assignment api (that supports groups but not inherited roles) and then an updated GET /role-assigment api that now supports the inherited roles as well, and would be dependant on the other two bps.....but in the interests of time I kept it simple.]

We need to make a call on whether we take a) or b) at tomorrows keystone IRC meeting, if not before.  We are running out of time.

Henry