[openstack-dev] Compute node stats sent to the scheduler

Dugger, Donald D donald.d.dugger at intel.com
Mon Jun 17 03:25:21 UTC 2013

Looking into the scheduler a bit there's an issue of duplicated effort that is a little puzzling.  The database table `compute_nodes' is being updated periodically with data about capabilities and resources used (memory, vcpus, ...) while at the same time a periodic RPC call is being made to the scheduler sending pretty much the same data.

Does anyone know why we are updating the same data in two different place using two different mechanisms?  Also, assuming we were to remove one of these updates, which one should go?  (I thought at one point in time there was a goal to create a database free compute node which would imply we should remove the DB update.)

--
Don Dugger
Ph: 303/443-3786