[openstack-dev] Moniker renamed to Designate, and applies for Incubation.

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Mon Jun 17 01:57:42 UTC 2013

On 16/06/13 22:34, Robert Collins wrote:
> I thought the standard design pattern for that was zones.
> say your cloud is cloud.example.com
> so SRV for cloud.example.com would be keystone public
> SRV for _compute._pub_endpoints.cloud.example.com -> compute public endpoint
> SRV for _compute._priv_endpoints.cloud.example.com -> compute private
> endpoint (and btw you can use split views to hide that from the
> outside world)
>
> SRV for _network._pub_endpoints.cloud.example.com -> openstack network
> public endpoint
> etc.

Pretty much - it's expected that SRV records will follow this pattern:
_<service>._<protocol>.something, where .something doesn't have to be
"provider.com", it could be "internal.provider.com", or
"region-a.provider.com" etc.

I would personally advocate for <service> being "openstack-identity" +
"openstack-identity-admin" + "openstack-identity-internal" etc rather
then nesting unnecessarily.

> E.g. known, solved thing, nothing to see here, move along.
>
> -Rob

Thanks,
Kiall