[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Code review I7ec346db: Improve usability when backdoor_port is nonzero

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:32:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Ray Pekowski <pekowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, all proposals fit the "tiny patch" criteria.  That is why I
> propose to make everyone happy.  See patch set 6:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/31714/6

I have to remove the unix domain sockets options from the patch, since
eventlet backdoor does not support it.  Here is the exception I got from a
unit test I tried to add:

    test_enable_backdoor_unix_sock                               OK    0.00
ServiceLauncherTest
    test_killed_worker_recover                                   Traceback
(most recent call last):
  File
"/root/oslo-incubator_havana_backdoor/.tox/py27/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/eventlet/hubs/hub.py",
line 346, in fire_timers
    timer()
  File
"/root/oslo-incubator_havana_backdoor/.tox/py27/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/eventlet/hubs/timer.py",
line 56, in __call__
    cb(*args, **kw)
  File
"/root/oslo-incubator_havana_backdoor/.tox/py27/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/eventlet/backdoor.py",
line 82, in backdoor_server
    print "backdoor server listening on %s:%s" % sock.getsockname()
TypeError: not enough arguments for format string

Apparently, getsockname() only works on IPv4/IPv6 sockets