[openstack-dev] Cells design issue

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Fri Jun 14 19:41:23 UTC 2013

On Jun 13, 2013, at 11:26 PM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is there any reason not to just put it in nova.conf as transport URLs?
>
> (By nova.conf, I mean cfg.CONF for nova which means you could happily do
> e.g. --config-file nova-cells.conf too)

The issue with using cfg.CONF is that we need the same config options for each cell.  So, I guess you'd have to dynamically create the config groups with cell name as the group name… and have some sort of global option or an option in a different config group that specifies the list of cells.  I think it just gets kinda nasty.  But let me know if I'm missing a good way to do it.  It seems like JSON is going to be a little more flexible. :)

- Chris