[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Bind Horizon Init after DOM Ready

Tim Schnell tim.schnell at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Jun 14 14:07:11 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a Blueprint to provide a Resource Topology Graph for a Heat Stack. I would like to add this Topology as an additional Tab to the Heat Stack Details Workflow but I am running into a conflict between the javascript that draws the canvas and the workflow js. The initial canvas div needs to be available in the DOM during the canvas js execution but the workflow is hiding the div making it unavailable.

A simple fix would be to bind the horizon.init after DOM ready which would allow any js executing during .ready() to happen first. I have created a blueprint to do that here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/bind-horizon-init

But I'm wondering if there is a different/better workaround or if there are any objections to doing this.

Thanks!

[cid:343B4F9B-8469-41AC-B839-807D482D697E]