[openstack-dev] Glance shows deleted image after upgrade from grizzly using grenade

Adalberto Medeiros adalbas at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jun 14 13:13:02 UTC 2013

Hi!

After running grenade (upgrading from grizzly to master) and tempest
smoke tests, one of the tests fail because glance is returning the image
in deleted status. The same happens if trying to retrieve the image
using nova image-show <image id> or glance client. There is an open bug
for that: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1189631

I setup a devstack environment on another machine, which is running
correctly. I compared the config files with the grenade environment.
There were no major differences between the configuration on both
systems. I am kind of stuck now, trying to identify if there are some
configuration or db schema that changed on the upgrade that could cause
this. The code is the same on both systems (master branch)

Any help, insights or pointers here will be very helpful.

The grenade + smoke tests is also running in the gate, so you can see
this behavior here:
http://logs.openstack.org/32460/1/check/gate-grenade-devstack-vm/9179/console.html
(at the end of the log, when running the tempest tests for
tempest.api.compute.images.test_images_oneserver.py:ImagesOneServerTestJSON.test_create_delete_image).

Regards,

--
Adalberto Medeiros
Linux Technology Center